Friday, January 27, 2012

Age

I've always been drawn to men who were older than I and had never dated anyone even a single day younger until this year.

A few months ago a guy five years younger than me asked me out and I went with it.  I'm 29 and he is 24. My expectation was that I would find him too immature. After all, he's younger than my little brother! However, that did not turn out to be the case. In many ways it did feel like we were the same age.

Honestly, it's not that much of a gap. It just looks wider because of how young we are.

On our first date I asked how old he thought I was and his guess was 27. Not too bad :) I told him the truth and he wasn't bothered by it.

Eventually we did split because of being in such different places in our lives and needing different things from a lover.  But before that I found it rather hilarious when we were in bed together and he told me that based on my enthusiasm for sex, he would think I was 23.

This comment interested me because it revealed an interesting assumption.

For men it might be true that late teenage years and early twenties are when they are most sexual, most full of lust and desire, most easily turned on.  We seem to forget that that's not true of women. At least, on average. Being on the cusp of turning 30 I can say that I believe the research that says women experience all of that sexual peak energy at around this age!

In terms of sexual compatibility, an early twenties guy and an early thirties girl are likely to be a good match.

No comments:

Post a Comment