Monday, February 6, 2012

The Strangest Way I Ever Started Dating Someone

I'm not coy. I say what I mean and I ask for what I want. I think that might be a bit unusual!

 At one point I found myself dating someone casually who was really driving me crazy. Any time I asked to spend time with him he acted like I was putting too much pressure on him.

Even when we were hanging out and I said I wanted to have sex, that was too much to ask.

 For example, one week I had gone seven days since I last saw him. We hung out with friends, then went back to his place. He hugged me and asked what I wanted to do. I smiled and said, "You know what I want to do." He pulled back and said, "Way to put pressure on the evening."

 So we watched TV and didn't have sex. We didn't have sex that evening when I slept over. We didn't have sex in the morning.

 I thought I could at least count on sex once a week since that was the only regular time I could see him, but it seemed not! I was going out of my mind with desire and if I tried to tell him that, he just got upset.

 So I decided I needed to start seeing someone else to take the pressure off the first guy. We were, as he often and emphatically stated, NOT in a relationship and NOT exclusive. I looked around at my life and tried to figure out what other guys I knew and which might be good people to sleep with.

One caught my attention right away. He was the friend of a close friend and had started hanging out in our group a lot. When I first met him he was dating someone, but they had recently broken up and I heard him once complaining about how he hadn't gotten laid in a long time. He was cute and I had liked him when I first met him, so an idea hatched in my mind.

 After another frustrating evening with the guy I was dating, I emailed my friend's friend and told him that I thought we had a common problem that we could help each other out with. Namely, neither one of us was getting laid.

 In retrospect, that email could have made things super awkward, but I was pretty confident that he'd be open to it. He wrote back and said he was interested, but would like to discuss it in person and figure out exactly what would happen. Sounded reasonable to me and we met up the next week for dinner. I explained that we could either 1) just sleep together and not ever think there would be the possibility of a relationship (the fuck buddy arrangement I explained in the last post or 2) we could sleep together and in the meantime see if we were compatible for something more. He said he didn't know me well enough to know which he would prefer, so we decided to go on some dates first.

 Two weeks later I didn't even have the desire to see the first guy any more! I was stunned to discover that my friend's friend was a fantastic match for me. We had a lot in common and similar outlooks on things. The physical chemistry was good and he had no problem fucking me every time he saw me.

 Without a doubt this is, to date, the strangest way I have ever started dating someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment